[Zope] - Using external method to set/test cookies, test request vars, set vars?

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 14:28:42 -0400

I'm trying to develop an external method that must do the following:

1. check for the existance of a request.cookie
2. set a reply cookie
3. check for variables in the query string

Optionally, I'd like to be able to "set" a variable in an external method
that could later be tested in DHTML, though this isn't quite as important.

However even the most simple external method is giving me an error,

read-only buffer, class

from line 266 of ExternalMethod.py

Does anyone know what this error means?

Is it going to be possible to do items 1 through 3 above in an external
method? What about item 4? (I could do REQUEST.set() perhaps)

Maybe I'm not importing all the modules I need to.. Which modules do I
need to get at REQUEST and REPLY?

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               ICQ: 14856937

We must come down from our heights, and leave our straight
paths, for the byways and low places of life, if we would
learn truths by strong contrasts; and in hovels, in forecastles,
and among our own outcasts in foreign lands, see what has been
wrought upon our fellow-creatures by accident, hardship, or vice.
- Richard Henry Dana, Jr. 1836