[Zope] - Newbie can't "manage"

Richard Wolff rwolff@noao.edu
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 13:02:44 -0700

I want to use zope with MySQL.  I can't get  .../cgi-bin/Zope.cgi/manage
to work ... the 'Temporarily Unavailable' message results with everything
I've tried:

  From the var/pcgi.log the following (consistent) error message:

Tue Jan 26 11:30:30 1999
  pcgi-wrapper: Interrupted system call  (102) failure during connect

python in /usr/local/bin:
Python 1.5.2b1 (#1, Dec 28 1998, 15:45:55)  [GCC 2.8.1] on sunos5

Zope-1.9.0 untarred.  Ran   python w_pcgi.py without error.

MySQL is installed and running.

MySQL adapter compiled and the .so file moved to the Products/ZMySQLDA
directory.

Copied Zope.cgi to the apache share/cgi-bin directory.

Apache runs as 'nobody' and the var directory has group ownership 'zope'
that includes 'nobody'.  (and pcgi.log file was created/written to), so I
think permissions are ok.  The /var/tmp directory contains no pcgi.hhmmss files.

Do I have to do something besides run the w_pcgi script, such as a
'make install'?  Do I have to do something to tell the system to use/make
the connection to MySQL server (the database there is the initial
installation...I've inserted no data/tables of my own).  Or is it something
else stupid that I've overlooked.  If it's RTFM, a pointer to the appropriate
M paragraph would be helpful.

Thanks,
 Richard Wolff