[Zope] - ZServer reactions?

Dave G DAve@mail.netraven.com
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 22:04:57 -0800

My newbieness shows through.  In a late night attack on Zope I had used the
wrong path to python when modifiing my Zope start script.  I had been using
my Slackwware python all this time.  I made the appropriate changes to the
ZServer start and now Zope is using the included Python, and Python is

ZServer is working fine here, I have no pickle problems, no thread
problems, my old DB is working and online, all my products work as well.
Here are some thoughts:

I can (this is so cool...) open and save pages, browse the db, add and
delete pages from within BBedit. Very Cooool.........  Thanks and kudos to
the DC wizzards.  I'm sure the Alpha editor will work as well but I haven't
tried it.

Using ZServer I must now add the /Main/ path to my urls both as a user and
to manage. I haven't finished looking over the Medusa code yet to see why,
still printing script. (I still prefer to use paper and highliters....)
even if the /Main/  path is S.O.P. for the time being it's good to learn
the code, "read the source Luke..."

I played alot with it tonight, ZServer seems faster then ZopeHTTPServer,
it's stable, it works, I'm loving it.  Now, how does this newbie make it
not run inside an xterm window? Start and stop scripts I can call from a
remote telnet would the rats a**.  I'm guessing I need to send the output
to a log file correct?

Very good job guys, thanks a million.

DAve.