[Zope] - Suggestions for Zope 1.9.0

Christopher G. Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 11:16:05 -0500

On Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 11:07:40AM -0500, Paul Everitt wrote:

> Kevin wrote:
> > One other thing while on this topic of front-ends and editors, I've
> > read that Dreamweaver is pretty extensible. Has anyone out
> > there looked
> > at it and thought about it extending it to be a friendly, powerful
> > Zope editor?
>
> In fact, Jeffrey Shell here mentioned that to me just yesterday.  He
> said it *appears* that teaching it DTML wouldn't be too hard.  As far as
> getting it to connect to a remote site with something smarter than FTP
> (e.g. HTTP PUT or WebDAV), now that's a different question.

From what I've been hearing from friends "in the know" (i.e. at the big
web design firms, and ad agencies), everyone kinda wants WebDAV to take
off, because it will get rid of all the annoying "server side" stupidity
(a'la Front Page), and allow them to pick and choose what tool they use
on the client side for the right choice (i.e. Dreamweaver has strengths
and weaknesses over my favorite, GoLive Cyberstudio)...

Wouldn't it be neat if Zope could be positioned as THE WebDAV reference
:-)

Now to look at the protocol to see how hard it is to layer over the
already excellent XML support!

Chris