[Zope] - confera, starship.python.net, publicity

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 16:08:10 -0500

Joe wrote:
> Is Confera available for ZOPE?  Is there some other ZOPE package that
> would allow such collaborative editing - something at least
> as powerful
> as the FAQ wizard used on python.org ?

Confera used the full-text index machinery that will be put back in for
the 1.10 release.  So after 1.10 is available, we'll brush up Confera
(which is a threaded, moderated discussion object).

As for the FAQ wizard, I'm surprised someone hasn't written one for Zope
yet.  I really can't believe that it would take more than a couple of
hours.

Finally, as for collaborative editing, well Zope can do that now.  When
1.10 comes out and PUT (read: Netscape Publishing) is back, it might be
a lot more pleasant to do so.

> I see this as providing a service to the Python community AND
> publicizing ZOPE at the same time.

We are initiating a project here to do these things for the zope.org
site and for other sites, developed jointly with the community.  Thus,
if Starship partook of Zope, then Starship would get it as well.

--Paul