[Zope] - Re: [XML-SIG] RE: [Zope] - XML-style DTML code

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:07:40 -0500 (EST)

Paul Everitt writes:

 >which is legal, would become:

  This is legal:  The "<!--#var font_size-->" is the CDATA value of
the size attribute, not a comment.

 >which *not* valid XML...is it?  That is, can you have markup inside

  The "<?ztml #var arg ?>" is a perfectly valid string value of the
size attribute, just as before.

 > 	I don't believe so, but have CC'ed this to the XML-SIG where
 > the real experts hang out.  PIs have to be outside other markup; I
 > suspect the XML way of handling your second case would be to define an
 > entity:

  In neither SGML nor XML can markup be nested like this.  The use of
entities is the proper way to do this in either case.  Perhaps a
processing tool needs to be available which can perform "entity
expansion" for specified entity names only?

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>
1895 Preston White Dr.	    Reston, VA  20191