[Zope] - Problems Installing

Sebastian Luehnsdorf sfl@beehive.de
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 18:21:09 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Michel Pelletier wrote:

> Sebastian Luehnsdorf wrote:
>
> > hi!
> >
> > i'm trying to get Zope 1.9.0 final to run with an existing Apache 1.3.3 on
> > a Linux machine. However, trying to access the Zope.cgi I get an error
> > message "No such file or directory!" The support infos on zope.org didn't
> > help but I managed to track the error down to the pcgi wrapper.
> >

> We'll need more information than this.
>
> What particular aspect of the problem leads you to thing that
> it's PCGI?  Have you tried running the pcgifile.py script
> on your pcgi file and see if it reports problems?  Details
>  can be found at Jeff's page:
>
>   http://starship.skyport.net/crew/jbauer/persistcgi/
>
> In an hour or so I will be posting Zap-1.1.0pre2, which is a precompiled
> preconfigured installation of Zope and Apache.
>
> -Michel
>
> [...]

testing the pcgi file returned the following error message:

  error attempting: 'from cgi_module_publisher import publish_module'

the infos on the pcgi site didn't help me much as the error message was
not mentioned. i'd rather not use a precompiled/preconfigured Apache
since the current versions Apache running on my machines are highly
customized.

ciao, basti

sebastian f. luehnsdorf             beehive elektronische medien gmbh
http://basti.beehive.de             http://www.beehive.de
mailto:basti@beehive.de             mailto:service@beehive.de
                                    fon: (+49 30) 84 78 20
                                    fax: (+49 30) 84 78 22 99