[Zope] - XML-style DTML code

Hannu Krosing hannu@trust.ee
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 13:28:59 +0200

"Christopher G. Petrilli" wrote:

> One final note, looking at the DTML parser (which may require some heavy
> changes for the the &ztml; trick, since currently I don't think it
> handles such things, just <> thingies :-)  ... BUT there's some cruft
> left in there that uses the old %() form of DTML... is this something we
> can remove?  I'm curious, I don't know how much ofit there is, but I'm
> wondering if there's really anyone USING it?! :-)

I have found it very useful when generating DTML templates.

It would be a real pain to generate them using DTML itself, as it
terminally confuses me (and probably the parser as well

So - having two syntaxes for the same thing is A Good Thing, please dont
drop it.

> I understand it might
> be more natural for Python people, but... I fear that with the new
> syntax I'm proposing <?ztml ...?> that it will be too many options, and
> some users heads might explode... something I personally don't want to
> recover.

Three syntaxes may be an overkill, but we can allways declare one of
them
deprecated and not recommend it ;)

Hannu