[Zope] RE: [Zope-dev] Documentation Announcement

Kent Tenney ktenney@win.bright.net
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 22:04:38 -0500

Jon Ide wrote:

> Pam,
>
> This is welcome news!
>

>    a) A big-picture roadmap, something to orient the newcomer.
>
>    b) A substantive real-life example. Examples are always the best way to
> learn how to use new software tools. You folks are using Zope in the real
> world. Is there an example application that you can publish (i.e., source
> code)? Preferably this would be an example showing Zope's use to access
> databases on the back-end and handling e-commerce (credit card transactions,
> shopping carts, etc.).

This would be extremely useful to me also

Is there one place which lists products, their function and development
status?
How close is Zope to plug and play for putting up a basic database
backed store?
I'd love to see an example of how an application is better and easier to
maintain as a result of the power of acquisition.

Thanks,
Kent