[Zope] ZODB and quotas

michel@digicool.com michel@digicool.com
01 Jul 1999 19:38:01 -0400

Andreas Kostyrka <andreas@mtg.co.at> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I've been wondering how well ZODB deals with disk full conditions?
> Is it reasonable to put one Zope account quotas?
>
> (Side note: Is there any way to do something equivalent to ``du'' with
>             Zope? Finding out how much storage is used by some Subfolder,
>             even if not very accurate would be probably a "good thing".

It might be possible, note that it would have the same limitations as
du: it would 'wake up' (activate from the Object Store) all objects to
guage their size, and then there is the question of previous object
versions, should you consider the size of previous versions in the
Object Database?

-Michel