[Zope] too many Zope logos

Rob Page rob.page@digicool.com
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 09:36:50 -0400

> I had not noticed that DC itself is using the spherical logo on its
> homepage... And even printing t-shirts!
>
> Although I much prefer the logo on the Zope.org site, we will
> switch to
> promoting the other one if that becomes "oficial".
>
> My main point is: having two logos makes promoting the Zope
> brand twice as
> difficult. And now at this early stage is the best moment to
> decide which
> logo to promote, before a lot of people commit to one or the other.

Luciano:

I agree with your comments...  The look, feel and even functionality of
the Zope site is being substantially revisited and upgraded.  I believe
that the results (which will be an implementation of Portal Toolkit
technology) will be worth the effort.  Naturally, the new logos will be
incorporated into the new design.

I'd ask everyone to bear with us.  We are still learning how to work
this thing :^).  The concern about two logos is certainly known and felt
here and we will be deprecating the older logo as soon as the new site
is available.

In general, I'd like to thank everyone in the Zope community for helping
us all do well.  It never ceases to amaze me how the community has grown
and prospered (zope, zope-dev, zdp, zip, BBQs, etc.).  The whole thing
is incredibly MOTIVATING!  I _know_ there's a long way to go but here's
a collective pat on the back for everyone...

Tks,
--Rob