[Zope] ZODB and quotas

Anders Qvist Anders Qvist <quest@valdez.netg.se>
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 12:53:34 +0200 (CEST)

On 1 Jul 1999 michel@digicool.com wrote:

> Andreas Kostyrka <andreas@mtg.co.at> writes:
>
> > I've been wondering how well ZODB deals with disk full conditions?
> > Is it reasonable to put one Zope account quotas?
> >
> > (Side note: Is there any way to do something equivalent to ``du'' with
> >             Zope? Finding out how much storage is used by some Subfolder,
> >             even if not very accurate would be probably a "good thing".
>
> It might be possible, note that it would have the same limitations as
> du: it would 'wake up' (activate from the Object Store) all objects to
> guage their size, and then there is the question of previous object
> versions, should you consider the size of previous versions in the
> Object Database?

They're still occupying disk, nicht wahr? You could possibly have two
methods, one to get the sum and one two get a mapping of version, size
where old object versions and undo info was considered a version.

As to waking up the objects, this seems necessary. On the other side, this
could be a scheduled task running once an hour or so. Would be useless to
users, but useful for accounting.

Anders "Quest" Qvist
NetGuide Scandinavia

-- Why suffer scarcity? Look for the Open Source and enter a world of plenty!