[Zope] killing Zope

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Fri, 02 Jul 1999 18:55:33 -0600

Pavlos Christoforou wrote:

> > I've got a tentative one for RH6.0, has been working for me. If you want
> > it, let me know.
> >

> Bill -
>
> Can I too have your sysinit script?
>
> TIA
>
> Pavlos

Here is a small tarball of them.

ftp://ftp.libc.org/pub/Zope/ZopeInitScripts.tar.gz

Untar it from /  and it should put things where they need to go.
Then run:
$ chkconfig --add zope

And you can control it from ntsysv/tksysv/linuxconf, just like other
services :-)

I originally made them because I was running three or four zope servers
and wanted to have them all fire up on boot. I never got around  to
fully testing them on multihosting, since I got waylayed on a project
for work (also using Zope, though :-).

You will likely need to modify the startup script to point to your zope
directory. It really should be in the config file, but I put them
together rather quickly, and they worked, so I haven't upgraded them.

I have been working on a set for Zserver/Zope2, and can make them
available when done.

Any problems/gripes/comments/complaints, let me know, I'll fix'em ;-)

Bill Anderson