[Zope] Error Messages?

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Sat, 03 Jul 1999 22:12:33 +0100

> Note that at the moment, you cannot edit errors which happen in
> ZPublisher, such as Bad Request, Unauthorized and (perhaps most
> annoyingly) 404 Not Found.  There are proposals on the table to add
> hooks to the publisher to hook into standard_error_message, but there
> are no resources to commit to the project.  This would be an excellent
> contribution.  It's not as easy as it sounds, but not intensly
> difficult either.
>
> -Michel

I'm a little confused (no change there!). I know that ZopeHTTPServer is not
being developed any more and that more dev. effort is going into ZServer. We
also have ZPublisher. Three servers! more choice than you can shake a stick
at!

As I understand it, ZServer is medusa based (www.nightmare.com) and is
red-hot in terms of performance.

So then my question is: why use ZPublisher at all?

confused-ly,
Tone.