[Zope] To all Zope mailing list readers

Samu Mielonen samu@uta.fi
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 15:16:40 +0300

Hello,

I'm a new member (been subscribed for three days only), but
I have a couple of questions or suggestions:

- Wouldn't it be worthwile if people answered even the most
  silliest questions on the list rather than
  sending ansers only to personal e-mail?

  I know I'm having exactly similar problems with others on
  matters of RH6+Apache authentication, ZQSL/MySQL blob
  insertion, namespace/namelookup problems, etc that have
  been asked on this list.

  I certainly would like to see the answers as well rather
  than repeat the questions and get the same ansers via
  e-mail.

- If my above idea is bad (it probably increases volume quite
  a lot and may be a burden for advanced users), then perhaps
  the people getting personal e-mail answers could summarize
  the replies in a single list posting, so that others could
  see the answers too.

Anyway, you people have already helped me out on several
occasions just by writing on this list. I'm hoping I can
learn more from you and eventually contribute something
of my own.

Best regards,
	Samu Mielonen

PS As a beginner of both Zope and Python, I'm wondering if I
should dive into Zope 1.x or 2.x for my learning and development
work, esp. if I'm planning to have something up and running on
the public web in two months time (wishful thinking, I know :) ?

--
"Zone of proximal development - ...the conceptual space or zone between what
a [human] is capable of doing on his or her own and what [he/she] can