[Zope] MySQL Adapter threading (was: [Zope] Password screens)

Jens Vagelpohl tommymi@concentric.net
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 14:16:54 -0400

This is very interesting to hear... I am just about to connect a MySQL
database to Zope 2.0.0a3 using ZMySQLDA. I understand the problem, but how
do I make sure Zope is running single-threaded? As I understand ZServer runs
multithreaded (provided Python is compiled --with-threads) and
ZopeHTTPServer runs on a single thread.

Question: Can I tell ZServer to run with a single thread, and if yes, how
so? Or do I have to use ZopeHTTPServer if I want single thread?

Jens Vagelpohl

<snip snip>

> so you should NOT run Zope 2.0 with more than one thread if you want to
> use MySQL.  Someone may want to patch the MySQLDA so that the whole
> thing is wrapped in a lock, or serializes requests before the client
> library is entered.  Either way, given that no one is paying us to do
> it, we probably won't.
>
> -Michel

<snip snip>