[Zope] MySQL Adapter threading (was: [Zope] Password screens)

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Wed, 07 Jul 1999 14:39:11 -0400

> This is very interesting to hear... I am just about to connect a MySQL
> database to Zope 2.0.0a3 using ZMySQLDA. I understand the problem, but how
> do I make sure Zope is running single-threaded? As I understand ZServer runs
> multithreaded (provided Python is compiled --with-threads) and
> ZopeHTTPServer runs on a single thread.

Actually ZServer requires threads, it uses one thread for Zope and one for
the server... but this would be considered "single threaded" from a DA
perspective (see the document I'm going to send out this afternoon to the
list summarizing a lot of DA issues).

> Question: Can I tell ZServer to run with a single thread, and if yes, how
> so? Or do I have to use ZopeHTTPServer if I want single thread?

You just need to run ZServer with the '-t 1' or '-t1' option,, which says to
only use 1 thread max.

Chris