[Zope] Survey: Gadfly usage

Jeff Bauer jeffbauer@bigfoot.com
Thu, 08 Jul 1999 10:00:16 -0500

Christopher,

Rather than respond to your individual points, I'd
just like to suggest that Gadfly be left in as part
of the Zope core.

If Gadfly is a de facto Zope component, we could
assume that most relational Zope Products would
work with Gadfly.  This would encourage people
to at least try out new products against a
standard out-of-the-box, preinstalled database.

Off-Topic:  A Gadfly client can run in a very
small footprint (e.g. CE device) and may have
some future potential in an embedded environment.
It would be great to have Zope+Gadfly combined
at the server side of that scenario.

Best regards,

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.