[Zope] socket.error: (10048, 'winsock error')

Rob Page rob.page@digicool.com
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 18:36:55 -0400

> > Any idea what could be wrong with my configuration?
> >
> > D:\opt\zope>python zserver.py
> > log: adding channel <select-trigger (loopback) at 8409b0>
> > Traceback (innermost last):
> >   File "zserver.py", line 84, in ?
> >     from HTTPServer import zhttp_server, zhttp_handler
> >   File "ZServer\HTTPServer.py", line 115, in ?
> >     from HTTPResponse import make_response
> >   File "ZServer\HTTPResponse.py", line 97, in ?
> >     from PubCore.ZEvent import Wakeup
> >   File "PubCore\ZEvent.py", line 91, in ?
> >   File "ZServer\medusa\select_trigger.py", line 102, in __init__
> >     a.bind (self.address)
> >   File "<string>", line 1, in bind
> > socket.error: (10048, 'winsock error')
> >

> I've never used Windows but I suspect you don't have access rights to
> bind to whatever port your using.  This is what the 'bind'
> call does, at
> least on UNIX.

or something else has already taken the port... For example, if you're
asking ZServer to grab tcp port 80 and IIS is already running on port 80
you might also get this error.  Running netstat on your NT box might
also shed some light...

--Rob