[Zope] newbie question, #in tag

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 08:13:09 -0500

At 05:55 PM 7/9/99 -0300, Bruno Matarollo wrote:

>	Well, let's get to the point. I have a form where I have an INPUT
>tag that is like this:
><INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="cant" SIZE="3"  MAXLENGTH="3">

Make this:

<INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="cant:int" SIZE="3"  MAXLENGTH="3">

first, so that cant will be a number when it reaches your DTML.

>It is used to input a number... But in the DTML file used to process the
>form, I want to use a range where the max is the "cant"  inputed at the
>INPUT tag... I have a <!--#in cant-->, but obviously Zope complains that
>strings cannot be used in 'in' tags... So, how do I do to iterate in
>asequence that starts on 1 and ends on 'cant'? On python I would create a
>list but I don't know how to do this using only DTML methods. Is it
>possible?

As far as I know, DTML does not have the ability to call range() for
iterative purposes.  The only way I know of to do what you want without an
ExternalMethod is to use recursion.