[Zope] Survey: Gadfly usage

Larry Luther l.luther@acm.org
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 16:33:40 -0700

OK, as we're having to go through all the DAs  to fix/break/etc the
multi-threaded support, I have a few questions for people about their
usage
of Gadfly...

1. Have you ever used Gadfly?  If so, please describe in 30 words,
   what you used it for.

** Yes, I have a small table < 200 entries of patented technologies
   that are being offered.  Tiny tables was to limiting, I needed
   to sort the entries different ways ant select specific subsets
   for display.

2. Did you find it useful?

** Yes

3. Was the fact that it was included important to you?

** I was very pleased, made my development go that much quicker.

4. Do you believe we should continue to include Gadfly in Zope?

** It should be available I don't know the pros/cons of having
   it built in or readily available as Tiny Tables was.

5. Do you believe we should move Gadfly to an add-on distribution?

** Well... I tried to use the code that generated SQL queries
automatically and it modified folders so that the original database
wasn't portable to another Zope installation that didn't have
it installed.  The fact that Gadfly is built in means that I
don't have to worry about it.