[Zope] OSES project - should it run under Zope?

michel@digicool.com michel@digicool.com
11 Jul 1999 23:22:18 -0400

Kevin Dangoor <tazzzzz@yahoo.com> writes:

> --- Cees de Groot <cg@cdegroot.com> wrote:
> > Q5: should I start development on the new 2.0 stuff?
> > I want the site to be
> > launched in around a month.
>
> IMHO, yes. If you design your app for 1.10.3, you'll
> be missing out on a lot of the design advantages of
> ZClasses and Catalog. I built my Phase I website (at
> http://www.byproducts.com) on 1.10.2 and am now
> re-tooling it in Zope 2 to take advantage of these
> advances and make the design cleaner...

I agree with your reasons for using 2.0.0, however I'd like to play a
bit of devil's advocate and mention that it is still alpha, you will
probably run into bugs that will take time to resolve, and a certain
level of expertise may be needed above and beyond what is needed for
1.10.3.

Other than those minor reasons, 2.0.0 is the future of Zope, and it
looks very bright.

-Michel