[Zope] [Zope-dev] Re: DCOracle not handling Oracle LONG/LONG RAW datatype

paulabrams@yahoo.com paulabrams@yahoo.com
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 11:37:42 -0700

I am definately encoutering similar problems, with both updates and
selects using ZOracleDA with a LONG.

I need to save around 100K of HTML to a LONG in Oracle, but updates
fail with the message "identifier too long" and selects fail with the
message "IndexError: 1". Oddly enough, if I write a simple testing stub
(~1K) both the update and select work fine.

Both the table layout and ZSQL code are simplistic. The table only has
one LONG, and the ZSQL method attempts to select * and update using
"sqlvar" (type=string).

Any ideas what might be happening?

(Linux Redhat 6; Zope 1.10.3; ZORACLEDA 2.2.0; Oracle 8)

Cheers,
Paul

 <19990713092458.a513-@sz-sb.de> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/zope/?start=7724
> On Mon, Jul 12, 1999 at 09:23:20AM -0700, Larry Gwinn wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I have been evaluating the DCOracle extension from
> > http://www.zope.org/Download/DCOracle/  and have run into an issue
when
> > querying tables with a LONG or LONG RAW data type and I was
wondering if
> > anybody else has encountered this problem.  If you execute a SQL
select
> > statement that retrieves from a column that is defined as a LONG or
LONG
> > RAW datatype, when you perform a fetchone you can only successfully
> > retrieve the first row.  The next fetchone will cause a
"IndexError: 1"