[Zope] Re: Zope digest, Vol 1 #186 - 49 msgs

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 00:19:39 +0200

[What's this subject line to do with your question?]

Sounds like an ideal use of TinyTables if there ever was one. I think
performance will be excellent.

The alternative, which is likely slightly faster but not quite as
elegant in terms of object-orientational succinctness and flexibility,
is to write an External Method which returns a Python dictionary of the
values you need. Eg.,

def GetMySelectLists():
  return {
    'apples': 'oranges',
    'pears': 'bananas',
    [... more items here ...]
  }

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"He could open a tin of sardines with his teeth, strike a Swan Vestas