[Zope] OSES project - should it run under Zope?

Peter Thoeny Peter.Thoeny@TakeFive.com
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 16:57:31 -0700

> Q2: call me crazy, but I think that WikiWikiWeb is a great collaboration tool
> (http://c2.com/cgi-bin/wiki). There is a Python version, but I'd like to have
> this running inside Zope so you can apply Zope's management features to it. I
> talked to the author, he's interested, but maybe this alread has been done?

Cees,

TWiki is a web based collaboration tool with features that
probably meet many of your requirements. TWiki looks and feels
like a normal Intranet or Internet web site. However it also
has a Edit link at the bottom of every web page, everybody can
change a topic or add content. It reads a text file, hyper links
it and converts it to HTML on the fly. Features include automatic
link generation, full text search, page revision control, page
locking, email notification of changes, file attachments to web
pages, and more.

TWiki is based on JosWiki, the collaboration tool of JOS (Free
Java Based Operating System) at http://www.jos.org/ , which in
turn is a clone of the original Wiki by Ward Cunningham. (By now,
JOS is using the TWiki engine)

The TWiki home is at
http://www.mindspring.com/~peterthoeny/twiki/index.html

A live demo of TWiki is at
http://starship.python.net/crew/scharf/TWiki/bin/view/Main/

--
 Peter.Thoeny@TakeFive.com          Director          |||
 US Custom Engineering, Services & Support           (o o)