[Zope] Client Detection in Zope

Martin N. Hudson MHudson@DevIS.com
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:12:32 -0400

:> I am currently trying to figure out how I can use the powerful DTML
:> 'macro'ing capability to build pages dependent on the browser and its
:> services (plug-ins, Java, JavaScript).  Is there a way to do this
from
:> the server side that would give me this information or am I
:> relegated to
:> the client side detection?  Thanks in advance for your assistance.
:> Please reply directly to me as the digest isn't always immediate.
:> Thanks,
:>
:
:Try:
:
:<!--#var HTTP_USER_AGENT-->
:
:this in conjuction with the #if tag, gives you browser conditional
HTML:
:
:<!--#if "HTTP_USER_AGENT[7:] == 'Mozilla'"-->
:  <h1><blink>Isn't Netscape GREAT!!!</blink></h1>
:<!--#/if-->
:
:-Michel

Well, I thought of that, but it doesn't get me the services offered.  I
was hoping for a method that could give be booleans for something like:

<!--#if client_javascript-->
  <h1><blink>Aren't You Glad Netscape's Rhino is Enabled!!!</blink></h1>

Martin Hudson
Development InfoStructure
1101 N. Highland St., Ste. 200
Arlington, VA 22201