[Zope] Text won't Wrap on Zope site

Cees de Groot cg@cdegroot.com
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 19:27:03 +0200

Paul@digicool.com said:
> Sorry, it ain't gonna happen.  What does a backslash mean in a SQL
> statement?  What does it mean in an HTML snippet?

Both languages are free-format so there is no problem here. Anyway, I was
never suggesting that you butcher author's code snippets in order to
fit them into a certain screen size. However, you could come up with
a requirement for code snippets not to exceed a line length of, say, 72. This
should render fine in fairly small windows with a readable Courier font. For
book production, you'll quickly have too long lines anyway (I've hardly seen
any computer books that'll fit 80 characters of monospaced font on a line
within the margins).

Asking authors to take a bit of care so that their output becomes better
usable is hardly unrealistic, I'd say.

(and this is the last thing I'm posting on the topic before we start flaming
:-))

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>