[Zope] BUG ZLogger unknown in Z2.py

Fri, 16 Jul 1999 22:21:27 +1000

>>> michel@digicool.com wrote
> Robin Becker <robin@jessikat.demon.co.uk> writes:
>
> > I see various updates flashing by about ZLogger, these don't appear for
> > me and now my Z2.py is bad.
>
> Hmm.  I suspect the ZLogger package didn't make it into the Public
> CVS, I'll unscrew it and let you know when it works.

Ah - I used to have this problem, too, until someone pointed out
what I was doing wrong. You should use the cvs checkout command to
pick up new sub-packages (or whatever the CVS lingo is).

Something like
cvs -q -z7 -d :pserver:anonymous@zope.org:/cvs-repository checkout Zope

After a bit of poking around, I also found that
cvs -q -z7 -d :pserver:anonymous@zope.org:/cvs-repository checkout -c
is very useful for showing what packages are available.

(Is anyone aware of any useful sources of 'how to use CVS effectively' on
the web?)

Anthony