[Zope] Fixing a ZODB with timestamps in the future

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 12:18:04 -0400

Brian Hooper wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a Z ODB (version 2, running with 1.10.3) that got corrupted when
> something went wrong with my system clock, causing the Z ODB to get
> filled with a lot of time stamps which are stuck in the future.
>
> Is there an easy way to fix this?  Do I need to go through all the
> records in the database and set the time backwards, or something like
> that?  If someone has an easy way to deal with this, please let me know!

Look at the fixbbbts.py module in the utilities directory of
a Zope 2 distribution.  It is intended to fix this.

Note that ZODB 3 is more forgiving of time stamps in the
future. (It whines in the log, but otherwise ignores them.)

Jim

repeats.