[Zope] RE: [Zope-dev] Zope for NetWare, or NDS Authentication - anyone i nterested?

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 13:09:14 -0400

On 17 Jul 99, at 12:34, Rob Page wrote:

> > Subject pretty much says it all, is anyone interested in a
> > NetWare NLM
> > version of Zope?
> >
> > How about an etcUserDb that authenticates to NDS from Windows (or
> > NetWare)?
> >
> > I've got about 150 NetWare NDS functions swigged so far..
>
> How "mature" is MS' ADSI?  Any thoughts to implementing the NDS
> connectivity from behind ADSI (at least from NT)?

I can't speak for how far along MS is with Active Directory, but
accessing NDS via the AD API would not be my preferred method.

By encapsulating the native NDS APIs, I can call into NDS from
Windows, NetWare (NLM) or Solaris (soon) using the same code.

Novell has published several documents showing how to access NDS
via Active Directory, but in my case that would duplicate my effort
because Active Directory is not supported on NetWare, or Solaris.

I wouldn't be surprised to see NDS APIs on Caldera Linux soon..

On the other hand, an etcUserLDAP could authenticate to NDS (via
NetWare 5 server) or to Active Directory, so maybe that's an easier
route..

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               ICQ: 14856937