[Zope] ODBC DA for unix coming?

Roman Milner roman@speeder.com
19 Jul 1999 12:04:57 -0500

    CP> Well, in many ways the SOLID DA is ODBC :-) The problem is
    CP> more that we don't have any ODBC drivers on UNIX to try and
    CP> test things with, it should be a trivial effort otherwise.

    CP> I know there have been some efforts at a free ODBC
    CP> implementation, but I've not seen any give fruit.

    Well, I know that mxODBC
(http://starship.python.net/crew/lemburg/mxODBC.html) is a python DB
API 2.0 interface that works on top of the free IODBC
(http://www.iodbc.org).

    I don't really know what I'm talking about - but it would be
really nice to have an ODBC interface.  The Cold Fusion guys at work
seem to be able to get Cold Fusion to work with any DB ("OH, we'll
just use the ODBC driver.")  Some day, I hope to sell them Zope.

    ^Roman