[Zope] passing an URL from Apache to ZServer

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 18:04:17 -0400

"O.l.i.v.e.r T.h.u.n.s" wrote:

> Hi, I have a little problem and need your support :-)
> I want to do this:
>
> Apache gets a request
> http://sub.domain.com/path/script.cgi?var1=My&var2=Name
>
> Apache forwards this to ZopeHTTPServer (or ZServer) through the proxy
> module
>
> A ZPublisher module should get the URL
> (/path/script.cgi?var1=My&var2=Name) and redirect to
> http://other.domain.com/path/script.cgi?var1=My&var2=Name
>
> Is this possible?
> I think it should be possible with PCGI, but this is much more
> overhead. I'm using ZPublisher not Zope (don't need it for this
> projekt).

I'm not sure of the details, but this looks like it needs a rewrite and
a proxy.  The Apache rewrite module works pretty well with the proxy
module to do some interesting stuff.  I would look at the docs for the
rewrite model, specificly dealing with the 'R' flag.

-Michel