[Zope] Writing to SQL Databases

Ross J. Reedstrom reedstrm@wallace.ece.rice.edu
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 17:30:36 -0500

Sorry for the near miss everyone. I _did_ go look at a working ZSQL
query I have, and thought I translated it into Sean's case correctly,
but something still looked wrong... Those dang quotes can be so invisible
(but important) sometimes! I overgeneralized the case of using #call
for calling DTMLMethods, I think. (You do need to pass the REQUEST in
that case as well, right?)

Ross

P.S. thanks for the catch, Michel. I _hate_ spreading disinformation, but
noone had answered Sean, and it seemed so simple...

On Mon, Jul 19, 1999 at 05:19:48PM -0400, Michel Pelletier wrote:

> > <!--#call addEntry(REQUEST)-->
> >

> This will work if quoted.
>
> > or perhaps
> >
> > <!--#call addEntry(REQUEST=REQUEST)-->
>
> This will not work, a) because it's not quoted and b) because ZSQL
> methods *do* expect the data structure DTML calls 'REQUEST' but ZSQL
> methods call it 'request'.  Although many Zope method signatures contain
> 'REQUEST', some contain 'request' or 'req' but expect the same data
> structure.  This is the danger Zone when using keyword argument.  In the
> case of ZSQL methods, it's 'request=REQUEST'.  It would probably be best
> to stick with your first example, quoted.
>
> -Michel

NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer