[Zope] ZCatalog and acquired objects

Itai Tavor itavor@bigpond.net.au
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 16:11:29 +1000

Hi,

ZCatalog traverses the object hierarchy and indexes the content of
objects, right? So (it seems to me that) objects that display content
acquired from other objects won't be indexed correctly. For example,
I got this situation:

folder:
    show (DTML Method)
    1 (TinyTable)
    2 (TinyTable)
    3 (TinyTable)
    4 (TinyTable)

'show' displays the content of a TinyTable when called with
'folder/1/show'. Indexing 'show' with ZCatalog is useless because it
doesn't contain any interesting data if it doesn't acquire a
TinyTable. Indexing the TinyTables themselves is also useless because
a find will then link to the TinyTable object, but I need to link to
'show'.

So, is this true, or am I missing something? Is there a way to get around this?

Itai
--
Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --
itavor@vic.bigpond.net.au       --               - Kermit the Frog --