[Zope] ANNOUNCING: MySQLdb-0.0.3 now available

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 04:09:57 -0400

Paolo Bizzarri wrote:

> > Out of curiosity, does it release the Python global interpreter lock
> > during I/O operations with the database?  This is something I'll be
> > doing with the new Sybase DA and the possible DB2 one.  We may want to
> > trade notes.
> >

> Hi Michel,
>
> are you going to write a DB2 adapter for Zope
> 1.10.x/2.0 ? I have currently a project in which I
> am involved, that could require using exactly the
> DB2+Zope adapters.

It's possible that we will be getting a customer (or two) that wants to
use DB2.  Someone paying us is probably the only way it will get done,
otherwise it will be a very low priority over our consulting work.

-Michel