[Zope] Newbie Q: passing parameters to methods/documents

Lindon Parker twomoonlp@hotmail.com
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 17:32:23 PDT

Hi list,

I've taken a look through my saved mails, and through the documentation but
I can't seem to find an answer to this(sorry if it's obvious to everyone):

How do I pass a parameter to a DTML Method(or a DTML document for that
matter)?

What I want to do is set up a navigation bar once(in say a DTML Method at
the root of the site), this allows the user to traverse to any area of the
site, but it doesn't make much sense to traverse to the area you are already
visiting, so I'd like to pass the  current "area" in as a parameter and then
use an #if test to enable/disable the navigation(HREF) part of the code.

Could someone point me to documetation that outlines what each side of this
looks like?

Thanks
Lindon

(Oh yeah, great product you Zope guys...)