[Zope] ZCatalog and ZClasses

Alex Rice alrice@swcp.com
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 22:19:31 -0600 (MDT)

[was "ZCatalog and acquired objects"]

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 04:04:12 -0400,
Michel Pelletier <michel@digicool.com> said:

Michel> it's own objects in a sane way that makes much mroe sense to you
Michel> than just a vast object sweep.  This works reather well with
Michel> ZClasses; you can define your own Zope objects and modify their
Michel> constructors so that they catalog and uncatalog themselves.
        ^                                                        ^

Cool! I would LOVE to see a code snippet for this. This is what I tried
in my constructor, but it didn't work:

<!--#with "myZClass.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST)"-->
<!--#call "stealth_catalog.manage_catalogObject(REQUEST,[absolute_url()])"-->

This doesn't create the object at all, apparently.

I have some ZCatalogs which work with ZClasses, but I don't see quite
how to automate adding/removing objects from the Catalogs.

Thanks bunches.

Michel> List PS:  Yes I really do get up at 4am to answer list email.

I need some coffee like you drink, or something.

--
Alex Rice    |    alrice@swcp.com    |    http://www.swcp.com/~alrice
    Current Location: N. Rio Grande Bioregion, Southwestern USA