[Zope] Newbie Q: passing parameters to methods/documents

Sean McMains smcmains@nortelnetworks.com
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 07:53:55 -0500

Hi Lindon,

What I've done for a similar problem on my site is to use folder properties.
I assign the root folder a property called "section" with a value of 0,
meaning that the nav bar should be rendered normally. Each of the subfolders
has the "section" property as well, but with a different value which
overrides the 0. Then, all I have to do in my standard_header or
standard_footer is test the value of var section and render appropriately.
Acquisition is neat!

Sean