[Zope] Upgrading Zclasses

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:27:33 +0200

Well, the DCE UUID algorithm uses the NIC's MAC address, which is
independent of the host name; host names tend to change, MAC addresses
tend not to. The UUID algorithm also includes a guard against
backward-moving clocks.

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"`Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.'"