[Zope] ZClasses and default documents, and COM objects.

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 10:02:29 -0400

You would need to make the object an ObjectManager, and have it's
constructor instantiate an index_html DTML Object in each instance of
your ZClass.

This is a point of confusion alot of people make.  They think that the
things they put in the 'Methods' tab should show up in instances of
their objects like subobjects in a folder.  This is not the case.
Objects in the Methods view are methods of the object.  If you want a
user to be able to edit a method, you either have to build your own
editing interface (using methods) or make the object an ObjectManager to
contain editable objects (like DTML Documents).

-Michel