[Zope] Q: Zope2 version of "Contributions/DTML Example Folder"?

Joe Grace occam@serv.net
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 10:38:16 -0700

--------------C7EF720FD9B441077C4BAD2A

Jens,

if you don't see an -x switch, then there must be a difference.  I've attached
the bbb.py from Zope2b1 for your convenience.

= Joe =

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> hm... is there some difference between the bbb.py on alpha3 and beta1? i'm
> trying to convert that dtmlExamples export.bbe as well and first off i don't
> see an -x switch and secondly i am getting an error message:
>
> [root@diesel utilities]# python bbb.py -f export.zexp export.bbe
>
> Corrupted data record at 9
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "bbb.py", line 409, in ?
>     _read_and_report(file, rpt, fromEnd, both, n, show)
>   File "bbb.py", line 218, in _read_and_report
>     rpt(None, None, None, None, None, None, None, None, None)
>   File "/usr/src/Zope-2.0.0a3-src/utilities/FS.py", line 110, in rpt
>     self.tpc_finish()
>   File "/usr/src/Zope-2.0.0a3-src/utilities/FS.py", line 173, in tpc_finish
>     id=self._serial
> AttributeError: _serial
>
> not sure what's happening here :(
>
> Jens Vagelpohl

#
# Zope Public License (ZPL) Version 1.0
# -------------------------------------
#
# Copyright (c) Digital Creations.  All rights reserved.
#
# This license has been certified as Open Source(tm).
#
# Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
# modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
# met:
#
# 1. Redistributions in source code must retain the above copyright
#    notice, this list of conditions, and the following disclaimer.
#
# 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
#    notice, this list of conditions, and the following disclaimer in
#    the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
#    distribution.
#
# 3. Digital Creations requests that attribution be given to Zope
#    in any manner possible. Zope includes a "Powered by Zope"
#    button that is installed by default. While it is not a license
#    violation to remove this button, it is requested that the
#    attribution remain. A significant investment has been put
#    into Zope, and this effort will continue if the Zope community
#    continues to grow. This is one way to assure that growth.
#
# 4. All advertising materials and documentation mentioning
#    features derived from or use of this software must display
#    the following acknowledgement:
#
#      "This product includes software developed by Digital Creations
#      for use in the Z Object Publishing Environment
#      (http://www.zope.org/)."
#
#    In the event that the product being advertised includes an
#    intact Zope distribution (with copyright and license included)
#    then this clause is waived.
#
# 5. Names associated with Zope or Digital Creations must not be used to
#    endorse or promote products derived from this software without
#    prior written permission from Digital Creations.
#
# 6. Modified redistributions of any form whatsoever must retain
#    the following acknowledgment:
#
#      "This product includes software developed by Digital Creations
#      for use in the Z Object Publishing Environment
#      (http://www.zope.org/)."
#
#    Intact (re-)distributions of any official Zope release do not
#    require an external acknowledgement.
#
# 7. Modifications are encouraged but must be packaged separately as
#    patches to official Zope releases.  Distributions that do not
#    clearly separate the patches from the original work must be clearly
#    labeled as unofficial distributions.  Modifications which do not
#    carry the name Zope may be packaged in any form, as long as they
#    conform to all of the clauses above.
#
#
# Disclaimer
#
#   THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY DIGITAL CREATIONS ``AS IS'' AND ANY
#   EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
#   IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
#   PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL DIGITAL CREATIONS OR ITS
#   CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
#   SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
#   LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF
#   USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND
#   ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY,
#   OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT
#   OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
#   SUCH DAMAGE.
#
#
# This software consists of contributions made by Digital Creations and
# many individuals on behalf of Digital Creations.  Specific
# attributions are listed in the accompanying credits file.
#
"""Read and (re-)format BoboPOS 2 database files
"""

import struct, string, sys, time, os
try: from cStringIO import StringIO
except: from StringIO import StringIO

ppml=None

file__version__=3.0
packed_version='SDBMV'+struct.pack(">f",file__version__)

def error(message, fatal=0, exc=0):
    if exc:
        sys.stderr.write('%s: %s' % (sys.exc_info()[0], sys.exc_info()[1]))
    sys.stderr.write("\n%s\n" % message)
    if fatal: sys.exit(fatal)

def _read_and_report(file, rpt=None, fromEnd=0, both=0, n=99999999, show=0,
                     forgive=0, export=0):
    """\
    Read a file's index up to the given time.
    """
    first=1
    seek=file.seek
    read=file.read
    unpack=struct.unpack
    split=string.split
    join=string.join
    find=string.find
    seek(0,2)
    file_size=file.tell()
    gmtime=time.gmtime

    if fromEnd: pos=file_size
    else:       pos=newpos=(not export) and len(packed_version)

    tlast=0
    err=0
    tnamelast=None
    while 1:
        if fromEnd:
            seek(pos-4)
            l=unpack(">i", read(4))[0]
            if l==0:
                b=pos
                p=pos-4
                while l==0:
                    p=p-4
                    seek(p)
                    l=unpack(">i", read(4))[0]

                pos=p+4
                error("nulls skipped from %s to %s" % (pos,b))
            p=pos-l
            if p < 0:
                error('Corrupted data before %s' % pos)
                if show > 0:
                    p=pos-show
                    if p < 0: p=0
                    seek(p)
                    p=read(pos-p)
                else:
                    p=''
                error(p,1)
            pos=p
        else:
            pos=newpos

        seek(pos)
        h=read(24) # 24=header_size
        if not h: break
        if len(h) !=  24: break
        oid,prev,start,tlen,plen=unpack(">iidii",h)

        if prev < 0 or (prev and (prev >= pos)):
            error('Bad previous record pointer (%s) at %s' % (prev, pos))
            if show > 0: error(read(show))
            if not forgive:
                err=1
                break

        if start < tlast:
            error('record time stamps are not chronological at %s' % pos)
            if show > 0: error(read(show))
            if not forgive:
                err=1
                break

        if plen > tlen or plen < 0 or oid < -999:
            error('Corrupted data record at %s' % pos)
            if show > 0: error(read(show))
            err=1
            break

        newpos=pos+tlen
        if newpos > file_size:
            error('Truncated data record at %s' % pos)
            if show > 0: error(read(show))
            if not forgive:
                err=1
                break

        seek(newpos-4)
        if read(4) != h[16:20]:
            __traceback_info__=pos, oid,prev,start,tlen,plen
            error('Corrupted data record at %s' % pos)
            if show > 0:
                seek(pos+24)
                error(read(show))
            err=1
            break

        tlast=start-100

        if rpt is None: continue
        n=n-1
        if n < 1: break

        seek(pos+24)
        if plen > 0:
            p=read(plen)
            if p[-1:] != '.':
                error('Corrupted pickle at %s %s %s' % (pos,plen,len(p)))
                if show > 0:
                    seek(pos+24)
                    error(read(show))
                err=1
                break

        else: p=''
        t=split(read(tlen-plen-28),'\t')
        tname, user = (t+[''])[:2]
        t=join(t[2:],'\t')
        start,f=divmod(start,1)
        y,m,d,h,mn,s=gmtime(start)[:6]
        s=s+f
        start="%.4d-%.2d-%.2d %.2d:%.2d:%.3f" % (y,m,d,h,mn,s)
        rpt(pos,oid,start,tname,user,t,p,first,tname!=tnamelast)
        first=0
        tnamelast=tname

    if err and both and not fromEnd:
        _read_and_report(file, rpt, 1, 0, n, show)

    rpt(None, None, None, None, None, None, None, None, None)

def none(*ignored): pass

def positions(pos, *ignored):
    if pos is not None: sys.stdout.write("%s\n" % pos)

def oids(pos, oid, *ignored):
    if pos is not None: sys.stdout.write("%s\n" % oid)

def tab_delimited(*args):
    sys.stdout.write("%s\n" % string.join(args[:6],'\t'))

def undo_log(pos, oid, start, tname, user, t, p, first, newtrans):
    if not newtrans: return

    sys.stdout.write("%s:\t%s\t%s\t%s\n" % (pos, start, user, t))

reports={
    'none': (none,
             ('Read a database file checking for errors',
              'but producing no output')
             ),
    'oids': (oids,
             ('Read the database and output object ids',)),
    'positions': (positions,
                  ('Read the database and output record positions',)),
    'tab_delimited': (tab_delimited,
                      ('Output record meta-data in tab-delimited format',)),

    'undo': (undo_log,
             (
                 'Output a transaction summary that shows the position of',
                 'each transaction.  This is useful for undoing ',
                 'transactions from the OS command line when',
                 'some programming error has caused objects to get to',
                 'a state where Zope can\'t start up.',
                 '',
                 'Eventually, there will be an undo utility for undoing',
                 'individual transactions.  For now, you can simply',
                 'truncate the file at the position of a problem',
                 'transaction to return the database to the state it',
                 'was in before the transaction',
                 )),
    }

def main(argv):
    import getopt

    items=reports.items()
    items.sort()

    usage="""Usage: python %s [options] filename

    where filename is the name of the database file.

       -r report

          Specify an output report.

          The valid reports are:\n\n\t\t%s

       -e

          Read the file from back to front

       -l n

          Show only n records

       -b

          If an error is encountered while reading from front,
          ret reading from the back.

       -s n

          If a corrupted data record is found, show the first n
          bytes of the corrupted record.

       -f filename

          Convert to ZODB 3 File-Storage format

       -p path

          Add a directory to the Python path.

       -x

          The input file is a ZODB 2 export file.

    """ % (sys.argv[0],
           string.join(map(
               lambda i:
               ("%s --\n\t\t\t%s" % (i[0], string.join(i[1][1],'\n\t\t\t'))),
               items),
               ',\n\n\t\t'))

    sys.path.append(os.path.split(sys.argv[0])[0])

    try:
        opts, args = getopt.getopt(argv,'r:ebl:s:f:p:x')
        filename,=args
    except: error(usage,1,1)

    try: file=open(filename,'rb')
    except: error('Coud not open %s' % filename,1,1)

    rpt=none
    fromEnd=0
    both=0
    n=99999999
    show=0
    export=0
    convert=0
    for o, v in opts:
        o=o[1:]
        if o=='r':
            try: rpt=reports[v][0]
            except: error('Invalid report: %s' % v, 1)
        elif o=='l':
            try: n=string.atoi(v)
            except: error('The number of records, %s, shuld ne an integer'
                          % v, 1)
        elif o=='s':
            try: show=string.atoi(v)
            except: error('The number of bytes, %s, shuld ne an integer'
                          % v, 1)
        elif o=='e': fromEnd=1
        elif o=='x': export=1
        elif o=='f': convert=1
        elif o=='b': both=1
        elif o=='p':
            if v=='-':
                v=os.path.join(
                    os.path.split(sys.argv[0])[0],
                    '..','lib','python')
            sys.path.insert(0,v)
            print sys.path
        else: error('Unrecognized option: -%s' % o, 1)

    if convert:
        import FS
        if export:
            rpt=FS.ZEXP(v, file).rpt
        else:
            rpt=FS.FS(v, file).rpt

    _read_and_report(file, rpt, fromEnd, both, n, show,
                     forgive=1, export=export)

if __name__=='__main__': main(sys.argv[1:])

--------------C7EF720FD9B441077C4BAD2A--