[Zope] How to connect to Sybase using ZSybaseDA

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 03:31:21 +0200

Remember that server name != host name. Sybase distinguishes between the
identifier of the database server and the machine running the server.
Afaik, there's no way to tell ctsybase the host name, but I could be
wrong there. Also note that the server name is case sensitive, so
"Turtle" != "turtle".

You might try isql:

	isql -U qawila1 -P figtree -S turtle

...should verify whether the parameters are correct as typed. If you
find that you need to type:

	isql -U qawila1 -P figtree -S mysybase -H turtle

...which means "turtle" is the host name, and "mysybase" is the server
name, then the host name is definitely part of the equation.

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"QED?" said Russell.