[Zope] Forms and Regular Expressions

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 09:14:20 +0200

Well, you can do this:

	<textarea><!--#var mytext html_quote--></textarea>

which essentially escapes the HTML so it can be edited. If you simply
want the hard breaks as you described,

	<textarea><!--#var mytext newline_to_br--></textarea>

does this, but it does not escape the HTML. Combining these is
meaningless.

If you want to convert special characters and International characters
to HTML character-reference entities (eg., &egrave; or &quot;), what's
the point? If they're ISO Latin 1 characters they're encapsulated by
HTML without translation.

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"QED?" said Russell.