[Zope] upgrade procedure

Jens Vagelpohl tommymi@concentric.net
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 16:32:23 -0400

thanks for the helpful hints, i now have b1 running on my laptop (which will
be used to present my project to the professor).

but.... one little weird thing...

i transferred the Data.fs from my a3-install and everything works fine,
until i am using the only locally created role i have to access
ZSQL-methods. all of a sudden this user is no longer authorized. the user is
basically a replica of an anonymous user with permissions to view, access
contents information, and use database methods. this is to cordon off one
website area to authorized users only.

here is the traceback:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/src/Zope-2.0.0b1-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 256,
in publish_module
  File /usr/src/Zope-2.0.0b1-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 161,
in publish
  File /usr/src/Zope-2.0.0b1-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 154,
in mapply
    (Object: kdsearch_DTML)
  File /usr/src/Zope-2.0.0b1-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 98,
in call_object
    (Object: kdsearch_DTML)
  File /usr/src/Zope-2.0.0b1-src/lib/python/OFS/DTMLMethod.py, line 150, in
__call__
    (Object: kdsearch_DTML)
  File /usr/src/Zope-2.0.0b1-src/lib/python/OFS/DTMLMethod.py, line 145, in
__call__
    (Object: kdsearch_DTML)
  File /usr/src/Zope-2.0.0b1-src/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py,
line 502, in __call__
    (Object: kdsearch_DTML)
  File /usr/src/Zope-2.0.0b1-src/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_In.py, line
601, in renderwb
    (Object: kdsearch_SQL)
Unauthorized: (see above)

it seems to be happening when the ZSQL method is being called. funny enough,
the same method is called by anonymous unauthenticated users at another
location in the website. and: if i answer the user/password screen with my
manager name/password it works.

the same thing with the very same settings still works fine on the main
install on my server, which is still a3.

anyone have any idea? did b1 introduce some subtle permissions changes that
i don't know about???

Jens Vagelpohl