[Zope] manage_access: show permissions for a user

Ross J. Reedstrom reedstrm@wallace.ece.rice.edu
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 22:35:04 -0500

On Wed, Jul 28, 1999 at 01:04:43AM +0200, Florian Mueller wrote:
> G'Day!
>
> How can I get to the source of "manage_access"? That's the link
> if you click on the security tab and does exactely what I want to do:
> Checking in DTML if user X has permission Y to access file Z.

wallace$ pwd
/extra/src/Zope/lib
wallace$ find . -name \*.py -o -name -*.dtml | xargs grep 'def manage_access'./python/AccessControl/Role.py:    def manage_access(
wallace$

So, {ZOPE_INSTALL}/lib/python/AccessControl is the place to look,
in particular, in Role.py. Remember that any method beginning with _
cannot be called from DTML.

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer