[Zope] Zope in schools

Michael Bernstein mbernstein@profitscape.net
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 11:42:29 -0700

Tim Wilson wrote:

> I am so impressed with Zope. I can envision lots of ways to use it to
> create a site that will keep my students coming back and provide an
> additional way to communicate with their parents about our courses. I've
> been following this listserv for a few weeks now, reading some docs, and
> thinking, but I want to ask:
>
> If you were going to create a Web site for a high school science
> department (the coolest such Web site every conceived :-), how would you
> utilize Zope?
>
> Think big! I hope your comments can help me identify and prioritize
> features that would have maximum affect on my students' learning.

Hmm, the biggest idea I can come up with is a project management application
geared around the scientific method:

1) Assumption
2) Hypothesis
3) Test  Hypothesis
4) Retain, Modify or Reject Hypothesis
5) If Hypothesis rejected, Question initial assumptions

And so on.

Let students collect, organize and present their test results using Zope (some
of the graphing packages could be useful here), and you'll really have
something!

HTH,

Michael.