[Zope] wrong value for integer variable?

Donald Holten donner@biophysics.lanl.gov
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 14:14:27 -0600 (MDT)

	Something very interesting...  I changed the code as you said, and, as I
sort of figured, it didn't work (only because I saw that python has no way to
convert strings to ints).  But in the process I found something else.  If you'll
note, on my previous message I had the line:
	<!dtml-call "manage_changeProperty(numtemp = numtemp + 1)">

	On the message you sent me, you had:
	<dtml-call "manage_changeProperty(prop = prop + 1)">

	Note the exclamation mark I added.  I added it because, without it, Zope
can't find manage_changeProperty.  For a little while things seemed to be
working, except the error I was getting.  But then Zope hung indefinitely (over
20 minutes) for loading a page, so we killed the python process.  Upon further
testing, I discovered that my line would sort of work when viewing index_html
once.  If I pressed "change" on index_html without changing anything after that
first viewing, Zope would once again hang indefinitely (taking up 98% of the CPU
while it was at it).
	Donner