[Zope] .. but it works under linux

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 20:15:27 -0500 (EST)

Hi fritz,

I didn't see a response... since it takes me a while to go through this
list I'm usually a week or more behind. ;-(... anyway...

This problem has been around since the Bobo days.... I run Zope quite
successfully under FreeBSD. Just run ZServer.py and use it's PCGI
support. pcgi-wrapper works fine, so long as it doesn't have to
startup it's own pcgi process... ZServer takes care of that...

-steve

    fritz> there must be something subtile which lets the pcgi-wrapper
    fritz> fail under freebsd and not under linux. I used the same
    fritz> source code.

    fritz> I rebooted to linux and zope worked as it should .. but
    fritz> installing e.g. postgres is painful there .... (at least
    fritz> from mandrake rpms, maybe i should switch do debian which
    fritz> is the most freebsd-ish linux version).