[Zope] including external html fragments

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 20:05:25 -0400

Sean Robertson wrote:

> Can anyone help me figure out how to include an external HTML fragment?
> Here is the basic code fragment, with (obviously) incorrect include
> statements.  I looked at the docs, but am having a hard time making sense
> out of it.
>
>  <!--#if mainclass == Employment-->
>      <!--#include http://data.pilotonline.com/connect2/blue_header.html-->
>  <!--#else:-->
>      <!--#include
> http://data.pilotonline.com/connect2/default_header.html-->

Although there is an #include tag in SSI that does this exact thing,
Zope does not use SSI, just the same *syntax*.  It would be fairly
useful to include something like this in Zope.  It was not done in the
past because Zope was single threaded, and a call like this could
quickly block Zope if the URL the tag pointed to was slow or not
responding.

Now that Zope is multithreaded, I think it's a good idea.  Anyone?

-Michel