[Zope] Testing for NULL values in TinyTable

Miller, John M. jmiller1@uop.com
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 08:36:56 -0500

Are you doing <!--#var r3--> _before_ the <!--#if r3-->?  Sorry, that's
probably a silly question for me to ask, but I want to be sure I have my
bases covered.

I have had a similar sounding problem working with an Access database
connected to Zope using the ZODBC connector.  The problem seems to have gone
away after I started using the following test:
   <!--#if name="_vars['sql-var-name']"-->
        [Do something here]
   <!--#/if--->

This is likely more than verbose than it needs to be, but it does the trick.

It looks like you are doing almost the exact same thing, except you aren't
as explicit as I am being in my #if statement.  My hunch is that difference
is important.  <!--#if sql-var-name--> just checks to see if sql-var-name
exists, which it does since your ZSQL method defined it in accessing your
DB.  Doing <!--#if "sql-var-name"--> checks the _value_ of sql-var-name,
which is probably what you really what.

Oh great Zope masters, did I get that right?  I will so happy if that is
so...

I'm new to the game so you should to take anything I say with a bit more
than a grain of salt.  That said I hope this is of some use to you,

Zope on brave comrade!
John Miller